In the fashion and jewelry industry what appeals to the eye is what people buy and this is no more a secret. Visual grace is of utmost priority in the jewelry industry and therefore, high-end jewelry photo retouching is introduced to enhance the quality of images.
As technology is advancing, we are getting advanced software in each and every domain to make our work easier. For photo editing, we have the best photoshop software. You can enhance the quality, lightning and remove all the flaws that persist in your image.
Jewelry retouching is a creative process and involves many delicacies. We must follow a careful approach while retouching a jewelry image.
We should keep the two reasons behind the retouching of images in mind:
- Removal of imperfections
- Enhancement of quality
Check out how both the criteria can be met while jewelry photo retouching. We have given the steps below that you must follow:
Jewelry Photo Edit Adjust the color balance:
Use the color balance option in Photoshop to make it look more appealing. Adjust the colors, the background according to your preference. You can also highlight one color in the background.
- Firstly, open your software and import the image you want to edit
- Adjustment the Colour Balance as per your requirement
- Click on the color palette to choose the colors and click on the OK button.
Balance contrast and brightness of Jewelry Photo Editing:
It’s important to adjust the contrast and brightness of an image to hide what’s necessary and to brighten what is.
- Import all the images
- Make a new layer and click on contrast or brightness
- Make the modifications and see the changes side by side as it’s very important in Jewelry photo retouching.
Unsharp mask tool:
Jewelry pieces have sharp edges because it involves stones and metals. In such cases, we need to soften the image and that we can do using the unsharp mask tool. Photoshop has this amazing feature and to activate the tool, go to Filter > Sharpen.
You can adjust the sharpness using Amount, Radius and Threshold.
Creating natural shadow effects:
When you try to boost your sales using captivating images, it becomes necessary that the images seem realistic. In jewelry photo retouching, the natural shadow does that work. But unfortunately, most of the time natural shadows are created artificially.
While unwanted shadows create a nuisance, try to remove those shadows and show your creativity. The shadow effect brings attention to the user where needed and thus enhancing the overall image.
Improve the Resolution for Jewelry Photo Retouching in Photoshop
- Import your jewelry photo in the software
- Select ‘Preserve Details (Enlargement)’ while enlarging the image so it does not pixelate
- After completing the enlargement, you need to re-adjust the resolution
- Move to the Resolution field to improve the aesthetic appeal of the image
- Check out the preview of all the changes you did in the preview window
- Make sure all the changes are up to the level because minor things can add grace to your jewelry photo